Bed out, crafts in!

 So here are some "before pictures" as I prepare to convert the guest bedroom to just a craft space. Okay so I have partially started the conversion and the room is a mess. But it gives you a little idea of what I'm up to. This corner with the two looms is a bit crowded! It makes it tight for walking through the door and into the office/livingroom.
And here is the opposite corner of the room. This queen bed has been sold now and once out of the way will make a lot of new space for me. I am thinking the bigger loom, the Artisat, will go across to this corner. The biggest loom I have, the Nilus II now lives in the Tuff Shed (very happy there!). You can see this room has great light. That's just one set of windows (south facing) and there is another equally large set on the west wall.
I am anxious to gain this new space. Yesterday I made up this floor plan. One square equals ten inches. The furniture pieces are movable and held somewhat with a roll of tape on the back. I always make floor plans just like this when I move into a new space.
I will try a bunch of layouts. For example I have already moved the "High Cabinet" 90 degrees so when I open it up I can stand in the walkway to the office (to the left). Thus I don't have to leave as much space around it clear. I am reluctant to put large pieces of furniture in front of the windows because they extend down quite low and I cherish the light. The spinning wheels can sit in front of windows.
 Again, pardon the mess, but I was anxious to get started with the conversion from guest room to studio space, The lovely cabinet in the centre houses a lot of my spinning fiber, well everything except for bigger fleeces. I am pretty sure that cabinet will stay put because it really works well in that corner.
Another before picture so you can see the Texas Squish (an intimate loom dance) and also the door leading into the room we use as office and livingroom. The closet is at the right and has clothing, floor cleaning equipment, clothes iron and ironing board, and a bunch of craft stuff. I believe I am ready to down-size some of the clothing department. I still have fancier clothes from when I worked in an office that I can get rid of. There is also a small multi-drawer cabinet in that corner with weaving tools.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom