The Far Pacific

In the main square of Christchurch, New Zealand. After the horrific earthquake of 2010 I wonder if this gorgeous sculpture still stands? I prefer to remember it this way.
And here is the most lovely train station in Dunedin. The intricacy of its masonry is admirable.
As a geologist I appreciate the use of natural materials to such great effect.




And nature provides many spectacles to behold. This is the view from my hotel room.


And the whole reason I visited New Zealand was this crazy life long dream to see the mudpits of the country. Does that seem bizarre to you? My mother brought home a geology book when I was about five years old. It covered much of the volcanic and hydrothermal regime of New Zealand and for some unexplicable reason I was mesmerized.
When your dreams come true it is a special thing. Even if it is the Earth farting in your face.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom