The smell that came up from the land

Roaming the Canyon Lake area: I could smell the nice leather interior. I could say something about the raw dirt smells and the age old fumes from the fossils in that cliff. But,... ah.... it was the leather at that moment. And maybe a fragrance of wine..........I wasn't roughing it all the time! No.

Some folks riding through Lake Somerville State Park. Polo cologne, or is it Stetson?

Glad I didn't run into a live version of this beast. There would've been some smell, to be sure!


Around my campsite at Enchanted Rock State Park: I could actually smell when the deer were close at hand or had just left the area. My dogs became accustomed to their close approaches fairly quickly. Good thing. This place is packed with deer.



And this gem is lavender. Ahhhh. growing wild in the Blanco area.




Comments

  1. I love the way that you've tied smells and sights. What a sensory treat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom