A Playground for Gaudi








Not so long ago, this magical playground appeared beside the lake near my house. An organic form, rising out of the imported sand, it stunned me when I first saw it.












And today, as I stood there in the raw chill wind, my thoughts raced to the spring when snotty nosed kids would be squealing all over this thing. And a thing it is.








I imagine Antoni Gaudi, the architect of magical designs in Barcelona, would've played here. Born in 1852, his unique approach to architecture is much admired. Three constructions stand out: La Sagrada Familia, a fantastic temple which has been under construction for 126 years and has another 30 to 80 to go!; Park Guell, with it's colourful tiled monster and mushroom like buildings; and the sea inspired apartment Casa Batlo.








Too bad I am goddess sized and can't clamber over these pegs and nets. I may not have ever been small enough to do so... but I digress. We all need such imaginative playgrounds to exercise in, whether physical, mental or spiritual.

So as my snotty nose required I return home, I smiled at the thought of the kids who will just love this playground. And if I could confer with Gaudi, I think he would agree with me, the children will bring the colour to this construct, which is the only thing it lacks right now.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom