Knit Design Update Two

So here it is! 2011 - 1 is completed. Well as far as I can tell right now. It's hard to embroider with chunky wool on thick garter stitch fabric. But I do like the rustic/primitive look of the animals.
This can be used as a baby blanket or a mat for junior on the floor.

I added the blanket stitch border to stress the rustic aspect.


Ah, and this might just wind up as design project number three for 2011 Number two was the neckwarmer described in the last post) . I am knitting up a pile of sea stars. Framed in lace, the six petalled stars are quite easy to knit up. I may combine them with a watery lace panel to make a shawl or a poncho. Hmm. Or it may become a blanket. I haven't decided yet.



The difference between blocked and unblocked. Mind you, the scrunched up one in the centre does look like it could scuttle across the blocking board at any moment.

I just saw it move....did you see it move? ???


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom