New Camera on the Way


So this image comes to you from a website that sells camera gear. Earlier this week I decided it was time to take the plunge and get a digital camera with a few more features. I especially wanted to be able to take good close up shots (which I can't do now with my existing digital).
The model I am getting is a Canon Powershot S5 IS. Looks like it will do the trick.
I especially love close up photography of things in nature. As a geologist and avid mineral collector I have specimens that are begging to be photographed. I even have the little studio set up already, a white box to help bounce the light around. And there' s lots of times that the rock shot I want to get is unatainable with the old fujifilm. I can do this with my Nikon SLR, but that is not was easy to get an image from film and onto the web.
Anyone else enjoy close up nature photography? I challenge myself to get so close that the object is no longer easily recognizable. I am threatening to one day organize my old negatives and slides and get some scanned in to show you.

Comments

  1. Hey, looks like you are getting a great camera! I have one of those smaller Canon cameras and take occasional closeups.

    You have some neat photos on your blog, and neat stories. It's good to find another geologist, which I found through Ron's Geology Picks on his website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I see you're interested in Geology...that's awesome, because you'll love this site!

    Soon to be a geologist’s dream site…

    http://www.rockoutcrops.webs.com

    Through our site you will be able to:

    1. Submit your own rock outcrops to our database.
    2. Find outcrops submitted by other users based on outcrop location or lithologies.
    3. Discuss your experiences through the blog.
    4. Upload pictures
    5. Check out the Geology Links

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A comparison - Ontario to Texas

Whoa!

Something New For Me