The Tide in Me


It would seem that all the cells in my body are regenerated on a twelve year cycle, and not the seven years I read about. I guess that's the difference in the mermaid physiology. Completing university and getting married; death of parent; end of marriage;death of second parent; death of second spouse.

After each of these events came a major period of self-evaluation and the determination of a new path. Losses and additions mean a temporary imbalance wobbles us. It takes awhile to find the right footing. It takes a while to allow proper healing of self.

And there's another cycle I've noticed that has to do with travel. I live under the influence of a twenty year cycle for revisiting places in Canada that I've lived in, worked in and visited. Twenty years is a long time, for sure. A lot changes happen in twenty years. Think about Yellowknife in 1981 and then picture it in 2001. Wow. It's not the same place.

And I'm not the same person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom