Still Kicking

 Yes folks, I am still kicking, but just have not felt like posting to this blog. In total I have shrunk down the time I am spending on the internet. It's funny how having a dog will change your life, especially a young dog. Bo came to us from the City Pound and from a Shelter, and so he has needed extra attention. He is settling in to a lovely adult dog. 

A good daily goal is to get this fellow tuckered out by the end of the afternoon. It is no easy feat. 


Rather than deal with trying to get images from one device into another, and to post here, let's skip several months and just pick up with the current times. 

This rug I wove two winters ago when I was here in Texas. If you look close you can see an angular wave pattern. The charted design is from the book Alterknits. Sorry I don't have the book with me here, so I can't be more specific. Skylines??


When I wove it I noticed a small error in my weaving of the graphic. I thought I would be able to repair it easily by hand, when the rug was off the loom. Nope. It looked terrible. So I needed something to cover up the mistake in weaving. In 2020 I appliqued and embroidered this mermaid and she has now been sewn onto the rug. The rug is positioned beside my bed, and she is very close to the night table, so I won't be stepping on her. She makes me smile every time I see her. 


I did spin up the forty breeds in the Breed Study, and it was a very good experience. I finished this big project during the Tour De Fleece 2021. Now I have forty mini skeins of many different breeds. I may knit or weave up a blanket with them all and affix a label to each segment, so I can have it as a reference of the breed at least. And I did keep pretty good notes of the spinning. 

The transition times when moving from Home North to Home South and v.v. are always challenging for finding the time for crafts. There's always unpacking and cleaning and fixing things and getting the kitchen stocked up. 

I have started to spin up eight ounces of a lovely, natural, Leicester fibre. I think it will be a two ply and maybe wind up on the thin side of worsted. 

On the knitting needles I have some handspun that is an energized singles gradient. It goes from blue to green, in darker tones. I am knitting a very simple diagonal reverse stockinette piece. Once it is shawl length, I will do a second piece. Then the two will probably get sewn together to make Vs out of the ridges. Just a thought. 

In the weaving department the first thing I am doing is amassing what I need for a rug. I have a charted design I created three years ago, of circles within circles. I would like a rug for my studio up north. So I am looking at a greyish blue and ecru as the two colours. 

Cheers! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom