Where I am

 Here are a bunch of the crafts I have worked on this winter. Mr, Bo and I are spending the winter in Northwestern Ontario. I wish we could have stayed at home, but we had to find a place to rent that is on a plowed road, and with the modern conveniences. We are comfy, warm and enjoying a mild winter. A lot of snow shoeing and hiking around has occurred. 

Sorry, I tried to turn this image but it isn't happening. The rv sampler cross stitch was a lot of fun to make. I have a lot of embroidery floss in a lot of colours. Small amounts, so it made sense to keep switching colours. Designer: Open Road Abode; Pattern: Camper Sampler no.1 1853.

It is called Bottle Rocket and was first published at Knitty.com. issue 16. Designed by Michelle Porter.  A guy can hold a bottle of beer in the vertical pouch on top of the handwarmer pouch. It is much brighter green than theses photos show. 




This pink confection is a wide scarf. It still needs blocking. I was given a  couple of types of wool, the boucle and the variegated, in small quantities. Plus I had a bit of that plain pink leftover. So I just paired up blocks and changed them up as I went along, until all the yarn was used up. Perfect!

For these two things  I used worsted weight wools that were all leftovers. On the right is a rectangular shawl. I just changed yarns and whether to knit or purl, at whim. I stopped when I ran out of most yarns. With the final scraps I made the pair of wristwarmers. I can't block the shawl because I do not have space in  this tiny cabin. 


The grey fabric with white thread is a new  cross stitch pattern. Pattern: Quaker Sampler: A Secret Sky, Designer: Modern Folk Embroidery, Jacob de Graaf. The designs remind me of so many Baltic patterns. It will take me forever, to be sure. I can't seem to do anything with this tablet, but the full pattern is below. 


I am currently knitting these Moose Mittens, from my own design. Pure wool. I will likely line these mitts when done. 


I do have a spinning wheel with me and have so far created a giant skein of black wool yarn. And recently I received all this fibre in the mail. It is a Fibre Study. From Roses & Purls. There is one ounce each , of forty different types of sheeps' wool. There is a handout that gives a few characteristics of the fibre and a recommendation for spinning method. I am eager to start this project.

An example of the page from the Fibre Study notes. 

So there you have it. A pandemic period of  creativity. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom