Loose ends




Much time has passed since I wrote. We had a fun time this fall at camp with plenty of 


visitors and still enough time for crafts. I finished weaving the Clematis vine cloth and have brought it south. It will be installed into a room divider screen.



I used two different wool yarns in the weaving of this monk's belt cloth. I wove it 59 inches wide in the reed. It is mostly constructed now into a fall coat. The main body is the lighter purple and the darker, more tweedy purple was used for cuffs and bottom edge and front opening edges. I did not quite finish the coat and have left it in Canada for now. 


This is the pattern I am following for the coat. Simplicity Coat.  In some places this design is called the Bog Jacket. 



This is a hat I designed and made for a special little guy. It has two very colourful pom poms attached to it now and blocking has been finished. This is a hat and scarf combo. I made it in wool and was using up scraps. The theme is shorelines and creatures of the sea. 


This is a technique called Halvdrall and I am making a little sampler rug on my walking loom. This is still in process and is at Home North. 


Two projects in one shot. These mitts were knit up years ago. But one palm developed a few little mouse holes. I repaired that but did not like the disruption in the pattern. So I have made a suede liner for the palms. 
And above you can see what I have done so far on the Black Pearl cross stitch design. She is a mermaid. 


Throughout the summer I knit 22 concentric circles using primarily green yarn. Here I have sewn them together and am crocheting a deep heathery pink frame around it. It will eventually wind up as a lap blanket. This looks way better in person. 


Another fair isle cap using up wool stash. I have given this one away to a friend in Texas. It is going to be a cold winter, I hear. 


More fair isle caps. These were knit on the drive south. The snowflakes cap is a toddler size and now has a pom pom top. The lattice design is nearly done now and will be an adult slouchie hat. Both are with small quantities of sock yarn. Both are traditional Lithuanian designs. 



I recently got a stand for my Ashford rigid heddle loom, and I love it! I am weaving a scarf that will be a gift. It is a rayon slub weft. Do the colours make you think of the beach or of a desert?



And last but not least, here I am in the South, reunited with Bright, my rug loom. I have just started on this today. The design is something I charted up from traditional Lithuanian folk designs. The wools are pink and a soft brown. I think it will be very special. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom