Barbed Wire Rug

First I need to show off a little bit of organizing that I did. A friend of mine, BD, spotted this gridwall stand in a resale shop and commented on how it would be handy for storing coned yarns. I agreed and asked the shop owner for the price. He had to look into it, but in a few days got back to me. It came with 19 hooks, and I was able to buy the correct ones from Uline. 

After this photo was taken I completed loading up the whole thing. Both sides are full. Previous to using this rack, the majority of the cones were in underbed storage totes. And because I did not buy this yarn, but got it with looms that I bought, I had no real recollection of what I had. 

Now that I can see the cones I am dreaming up new ideas for them all the time. I love it! So thank you BD. 



 These two photos show a weft floats scarf that I made up as a sample for a rigid heddle weaving class. The pattern is a free one from Purl Soho. I used a skein of sock yarn that I got from my friend ML. It is merino and is soft with delicious drape.




In the last four images you can see two sides of the same rug. I took a photograph of some barbed wire and charted it. The weft is wool and the warp is linen. I held three strands of wool together to make each "colour". For the blue I had two blues and a yellowish white. Then for the dark tone I combined purple, brown and dark grey. 

This little rug is perfect in our bathroom. As you step out of the shower in your bare feet, just be careful to not step on the sharp barbs!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom