New Blue

As happens all too often there is a large gap between my posts. Things are busy and sometimes there is nothing to share. But I have been busy and am feeling fine. 

In fact I am feeling really fine when I drive this new Colorado. We have called it the Bluebonnet Special! BS for short. Mr says he bought it for me, which is a sweet thing to say, but it is a vehicle for both of us. He will be selling our old truck and this will be the only one for use at Home South. I am looking for any excuse to go for a drive now. I adore the colour and the handling is perfect!

I am having trouble entering a space after the gas range photo, so here we go ahead of the photo. This purchase was a necessity. The old range was already when I moved into this house many years ago. And a couple of important things were not working anymore. So I found an early holiday sale and this lovely range came to live with us. I just love the variable burners. For someone like me who loves to cook, this was a vital upgrade. 






Here is a sneak peek at the very start of a new rug. This is linen warp and wool weft. A subdued lime green and medium grey. The pattern is something I adapted from a traditional Lithuanian design. It comes from a sash pattern.




This is the test bit at the start of a crochet cotton warp. I am stash busting and that explains the uneven, colourful stripes. I think the warp will be all one colour as much as possible. I settled on an ivory coloured cotton a but thinner than what is in this photo. And for starters I will make some hair towels.


The Zoom Loom came out of its package for the first time. It seems quite easy to do although you do have to follow the wrapping instructions closely. This was just goofing around.


This trio are the colourful yarns I spun up this summer. With each of the three colourways I have a pound spun up and plied. From left to right: Paprika; Pepper; and Magnolia. All are Polwarth and from Fat Cat Knits. The Magnolia was plied as a fractal yarn.

Here is the Cabin Hat I knit up quickly out of the Paprika yarn. I will wear it to the weekly knit club soon! There is a Wear your Handknit Hat day coming up. But truthfully this hat is much too warm for a Texas winter and will travel up to Canada. 


Look what we discovered!


And this little plaid is happening on my small Harrisville rigid heddle loom. I don't know what it will be. It was just to gain more familiarity with this loom. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom