The cavalcade of looms

Since the end of September my loom acquisition hormone is in overdrive. On the last day of September I purchased a used Leclerc Colonial loom. I named the loom Cecile, after the previous owner. It is a counterbalance type. It resides at Home North.



 
In the three images above you are seeing different views of the same loom. Introducing "Bright", my Harrisville Rug Loom. I also purchased this used ( in November 2016)  and it is a vertical countermarche type. It can weave up to 45 inch width of cloth. This loom is ideally designed to produce rugs, being very heavy duty: heavy beater bar and the warp extender tensioning system. The bags hanging there are the remains of a warp that the seller kindly left on for me. So at least for this first project I will not have to fight with the trickier threading.
 
And so I currently own three large floor looms and they are one of each type:  jack, counterbalance and vertical countermarche. I am pleased to think that I have set myself up for many years of weaving education and fun. The jack loom and vertical countermarche are at Home South.
 
 
Before I forget I actually bought two Harrisville looms in two days. The other is a Belt Loom which I also snapped up used. Once I get that warped there will be a picture of it. That one I can easily hold in the palm of one hand!
 
 

 
Over to knitting. Here are two samples of a group project I am planning for the Guild. Stay tuned for more pictures and revelations on this one soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom