June Knitting

 So here is the beginning of a wool baby blanket I am doing. The pattern is from an old Mon Tricot magazine from 73/74. The brown frame will be throughout as will the white central square. I will switch up the middle colour from olive green to light purple to light brown to navy blue. This just happened to be wool I had in my stash. A relatively soft polwarth I believe. It will have a modern checkerboard look to it when the strips are pieced together.

 This is a poncho that can be worn with the point hanging down in the front, back or, heck, even at the side. It is a deep rich purple wool/acrylic. The stitch pattern is from an old stitch dictionary and was called ladyslipper pattern.
 Here is another view of the poncho. It stretches nicely to go over the shoulders.

Here is the finished shawl I knit up using my own hand spun wool. It is immensely gratifying to do the design, the spinning and the knitting. This started out as two rectangles. Each was knit of a highly overspun single yarn. Each was made with yarn with a different direction of twist. So the skewing of the lace and fabric piece is entirely because of the overtwisted yarn. 

Apologies about my shappy looking deck. A year ago I stained it white, but it would appear that the water seal product I had beneath that still had some vitality to it. Maybe in a year or two I can sand it down and re-apply the white stain. 

  This was a fun experiment and even though it took a long time I am happy I did it. Even my tassels have a wicked twist to them!


You might be able to make out the Ribbon Lace in this close up. I have always loved pink and grey and now I have a piece that combines both. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom