Spa day


Here are the hard working crew out for a very deserving spa day. I brought the spinning wheels out from the studio to the deck and clean them all carefully with lemon oil. Inspections were done and a little fine-tuning was performed. Each wheel was put through it's paces for a few minutes after the treatment.
They all look pretty resplendent in the sun, don't they?


This is Lulu, my first Lendrum wheel. I put the merino yarn onto her the other day and Lulu was just having a blast with this fiber. What a fantastic wheel. 


Stevie is the only new wheel I ever bought and is a Kromski brand Minstrel model. Right now it is set up with the plying head. last week I was already plying off some singles that remained here from last year. 


I may not have mentioned this before but this wheel's name is Lina, after the Lithuanian word for linen. It is a very old flax wheel. And the last time I showed her picture around the Antiques group on Ravelry, a few knowledgeable folks thought she could be from Lithuania originally. How cool is that? I don't tend to spin much on her due to her fragility and lack of adjustments. 


And this huge saxony is a Canadian Production Wheel. It was probably made by S. Laurence in Quebec in the mid 1800s. I have named her Josepha to honour my grandmother. This wheel works very fast and right now I am spinning pure silk on it.

I love all my wheels and think they look terrific after their spa day. They are ready for a season of work. . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom