Here are some more art yarns I am experimenting with. The core is a woolen spun alpaca single. I have it thick and thin because I believe that texture is more interesting than a more even one - at least for this purpose.
The glass beads are spring time colours of pink and green and yellow and clear and more. Very pretty. I used a mercerized cotton thread that is pink to purple and variegated. Fun stuff.
Now this one is fabric flowers that I tore up. I put them on the same alpaca woolen spun singles. I used a very thin monofilament in a clear colour. I found the thread difficult to work with as it unspooled too easily and wrapped itself around the knitting needle that was acting as an axle. The filament does not feel nice on the hand, but rather feels like it is about to cut in. And it was stretchy which made it hard to work with. So I won't be using that thread for art yarn again (okay maybe "under protest"), even though it is invisible.
There are some white and offwhite vintage buttons in this yarn as well. I did have to remove a few from the threaded line because I forgot to check if they would fit through the yarn guides on the flyer. Whoops.
If I can find some cloth flowers that resemble Texas Bluebonnets I will try to make a yarn with that theme. On to more learning!