Where am I? Preparing to Teach!

 Hey Hello Y'All!! Yes I am still alive and staying as busy as I can be. First off, I purchased a great quill set up from the TheFiberCafe.com. Here it is mounted on my Lendrum upright wheel. I have started to play with the spinning off the tip. And yes, I trimmed the plastic straw so that the bevelled tip of the spindle is exposed. I am trying to learn the Fast Flip method for winding on. So far so good!
I have been busy with many projects. The Nilus II loom received it's upgrade to 8 shafts plus I installed the flying shuttle beater. What a cool gadget that is. The learning curve has been very fast there. In this photo I have blue and green tencel warp with a variegated (blue and green, naturally) silk weft. This will probably be a shawl.
A few hours were taken up with this project. The ladies at the Llano knitting club made nearly 40 squares (knit) for a surprise present. One of the members is getting married and this blanket plus a pillow constituted the gift from the club. I volunteered to sew together the blocks plus I did a narrow crocheted border to frame and ground the piece. I think it turned out great, and based on what I know about the planned bedroom décor in the new home, this will look fabulous.
Quite a bit of my time is going into preparing for various classes I am teaching. In this photo I am playing with art yarn that I spun. This will become a short poncho/collar accessory. The workshop notes needed photos and so I worked through a project and took a bunch of shots. I sit at the computer lots typing up instructions and adding photos for all the classes. It can get tedious, but I think the effort is worth it since the notes can add a lot to the learning experience.

For a list of most classes check out my website mermaidknits.com

I am also teaching private classes in knitting, weaving and spinning. You can add bead weaving to the list because I have the gear here at my southern home to do basic pieces.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom