Bead Weaving

 I don't think I have shown you some of the lovely loomed beadwork pieces I have on hand. My late husband made these and was an expert in the technique. I have also done a few small things and fairly soon I intend to warp up a little loom and try my hand at it again.

The first photo is a closeup of the piece he was working on at the time of his death. He had this design in his head (if you can believe it) so I am pretty sure that I won't be able to finish it. I also know for a fact that I do not have the eye/diligence/stamina to sort beads for uniform size like he did. So I think I will probably either just display this piece on the loom as is, or I might mount it and finish it at this point.

 Here it is from a little further back to give you a sense of scale. This would be considered a large piece to do on a loom. He had made bigger pieces though. Most of his work sold quickly and can be found around the world.

 This tropical fishie still needs to be mounted on some backing or done in a way to resemble stained glass and allow the light to shine through. This type of beadwork is made of just glass beads and threads. That's it. So essentially you are looking at a fabric that is made of beads.

This geometric sash is also not mounted yet. Folks, now you can see why I had to retire early. So much to do, and so little time. Come back in a short while and check out my own attempts at this craft.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom