Rain = Studio Time

Hello Friends; This spring and summer has been quite rainy and it's meant a fair bit of time is spent in the studio. I love it! A lot is getting done and new hobbies are being added to the retenue, much to Mr's chagrin.
 So here is one of the second pair of Lithuanian socks I knit up this summer. Both are knit and all the ends are now darned in. I do need to block them though. They are for Mr, which might explain why they are like skis.
 
This quilt top was in a box of things I inherited from my late husband's mother. I am finishing this quilt now, and learning to quilt as I go along. It will be a surprise gift for her daughter, who loves purple.

Close up of my first attempts at hand quilting. I am having fun with it for sure. I think I will only quilt the pink and the purple pieces.
This is a picture of the pattern I followed to make the blue booties below. They went together surprisingly quickly, but of course, being for a baby they are tiny and the seams are short.
 
 Here is my version of the same pattern. I think I will be making a second pair soon, for a toddler. And the adults are lining up for theirs too, but I don't think I have supplies enough for that!
The thirty six log cabin blocks were in the box of inherited goodies. I had fun deciding how to array the blocks. I believe this is traditionally called Double Furrow. I may try machine quilting this one, for something different.
 
 I hope this isn't too poorly focused. This is cotton that I want to use to make a quilt right from scratch. I picked out a design called Tippicanoe, so stay tuned for more on this project!

I am still working on the pink little girl's sweater. The armhole steeks need to be made and sleeves sewn in. And I am still knitting on the Sunspots Lace scarf. I believe I showed a picture of that already. The final thing I am up to right now is test knitting a sweater that the Mason Guild will be working through this winter. It is called Twister and is a Kirsten Cowan design.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom