Bowl Full of Busy

 So where do I begin. I've been too busy having fun to sit down and get into the internet much. There's been lots of topaz prospecting (no luck), some teaching of knitting and lots of crafting. A little house renovation is going on too. Above is a used drum carder that I just bought and I'm splitting the cost of it with a friend. We will have joint custody, I will get to play with it in the winter,and GM will get to enjoy it all summer.  Pretty cool! (By the way it is used to prepare fibres for spinning).
 On the needles #1: I am working up a test sample of the Ebony Jewelwing Bag, a free Ravelry pattern offered by Mary Scott Huff. As usual, I am using up stash for this. After the lightest green I will move to a white band and then the soft yellow. I intend to use this pattern in a free workshop on Beginner Fair Isle techniques that I am teaching March 17th.
 Here's another view of the dragonfly pattern as I am working it up.
 On the needles #2: Imagine the colours a little warmer than they look here. This is going to be an afghan for the new sofa. There are four different yarns here. One of the dark brown ones is Texas Merino. It is so warm! This is a horizontal slip stitch pattern. I plan to frame the whole thing in some kind of chunky cable.
 On the needles #3: Boy this one is just hanging around... A pair of socks for BS. Good thing he has a healthy sock drawer right now.
 On the needles #4: using some scrap yarn I got for free last week, I am knitting up some yellow roses. I will adorn a hat or purse or neckline with them and then wear them to a fibre show in April. The show is the Yellow Rose Fibre Producers Fiesta in Seguin, April 20-22 of course.
 This Drexler china hutch has found a great new home in my spinning studio. It is holding all my spinning supplies. Unfortunately the drum carder won't fit in one of the cupboards. Drats!
 But look how well everything else fits! I have finished spinning up the teal yarn that you see at the top centre. I have some of it to wash and skein up though. And now I am spinning the merino/silk top that you see in the bottom right.
And into each day a little beauty must come. This ring I commissioned and just picked up the other day. It is solid silver with six blue green stones that I have been collecting for years. Sorry about the washed out colours, but trust me, it is really pretty. This mermaid's tail is really special to me.

So as you can see, I've been busy. And there's more new stuff to come. Stay tuned to this channel!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom