Today's Quiz







Alright. In all her glory. Here's a quiz for you.
My neighbour has a few fruit trees, most of which I can't see through the jungle around his house. I am told he has mostly apple and pear trees. This one particular small tree right at the road is dropping these "apples" right now. To me they are highly unusual and I would love to know what they are.
The gentleman is pretty much housebound and deaf and so my dilema. If you can help me out I'd love to hear from you and learn more.

Sorry for the out of focus closeup, but honestly I can't find my camera manual. Methinks I need another coffee to still my hand.

Comments

  1. I think it's an osage orange, and it isn't edible. When my kids were little they used to throw them at each other....
    If you find out they make an awesome jam, let me know.
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lucie; Yes I had one other person help me out. Osage Orange, horse apple, breadfruit.

    I understand not edible. Don't know about toxicity for humans but the Wonder Dog Sigi ate half of it and suffered the runs. not bad though.

    The real value of this tree is its wood. I twas historically used for bows and in other applications where great strength was needed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom