For little Tara



Finally I got the buttons onto this project. I'm not wild about the buttons for this coat, but they are the best option on hand. They are actually lovely antique eggplant coloured things.
I knit this all up using leftover wool on hand from other projects. And it's not pink. Sorry Tara, but your little wardrobe needed an adjustment!
The colourwork is done by working with two strands of different colour at the same time. At some point, I dropped one of the strands and picked up yet another colour. And on it goes. This was a freewheeling project - the best kind.
Best wishes to you little baby Tara. Stay warm.



She's one of the mermaids I painted on my closet doors. Anything is better than vinyl made to look like knotty pine.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medico Loom by Leclerc

What's old is new again

Ulla Cyrus Loom